Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Progress on knife

It's been a while, but here are some images.This is one half of the hilt. I've used an hydraulic press to make the basic form, and transfered the image to the silver...now I will trace the lines to the silver with a liner, which will make a groove on the face, and a slight mark on the reverse.
 This is the hilt after the first pass withe the liner, and a little with the grooves on the hilt.
  
First pass on the repoussed side. Following the lines of the liner/tracer, I've pushed up (repoussed) the volumes of the forms
Roughly pushed up, I  will refine the traced/ liner lines, and push up again
So, a little more refined...
And, here is the piece pretty much finished up...the halves have been soldered together.
The other side...so now I'll need to do the end caps, and fittings around the throat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors